Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Well, that seals it

I'm neither full-throated condemning or whole-heartedly supporting Obama on the Afghanistan speech. I'd sure like it to be one of those promises he didn't keep -- but at the same time, I realize he inherited and shitty deal and is at least trying to put an end date on the shitty deal (and I'll believe it when I see it).

But now even my depressed ambivalence cannot be left alone, for the surest sign of failure has been revealed:

Bill Kristol, the man who is wrong about everything, in the world, consistently, thinks that this is the right strategy. Or, at least, he thinks that the entire speech was Barack Obama admitting that George Bush and Bill Kristol were right about everything and Michael Moore is fat. Maybe?


Now we're even more fucked.

No comments: